Change begins with small acts. The title of my blog is taken from Paul Gilroy's powerful slim volume packing a resounding counter-cultural critical punch.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

www.sangsuria.blogspot.com

I am breaking precedent for the first time in my blog by actually writing a note to all my readers--and not merely posting my customary published writings.

I would like to invite you to visit a new blog created by a very close and dear friend of mine, Ong Ju Lin. I first met Ju Lin when I was an undergraduate in America; even then I was blown away by her energy, her kinetic and pure charisma, and her capability for deep and empathetic introspection. Most of all, I was awed by her generous spirit, her limitless courage and her willingness to engage with every aspect of humanity with love and sensitivity.

I have always respected her work as a photojournalist and investigative reporter extraordinaire and for the first time, I (and all her fans worldwide) will be able to access her writings and photos whenever we please. This is indeed a cause for celebration and it is my hope that those of you who visit Ju Lin's site will be inspired to think, to create, to take action, and to believe that there is still a lot of unbelievably good people in the world.

Ju Lin, welcome (as my pal Bonn would say) kablogista!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

First of all I would like to apologise for abusing this blog. It's just I came across an article in the latest copy of The Edge by Carmen Nge and I was wondering whether are you my long lost friend. Someone who took the same school bus (Yap brothers) to school as well as went to the same tuition centre (Jerry's). The last time I met you (if you are that person) was in Standard Chartered Bank in PJ Newtown about 10 years back. Since then I have tried to look for you but have lost your contact in the States. If you are that Carmen, please drop me a line at wookuai@wookuai.org. If you're not the same person, I'm sorry for the mess I caused at this blog of yours. - wookuai

March 01, 2005 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Akunosh said...

carmen, i haven't seen you in ages..! you got some nice, kick ass interview here.. i enjoyed reading them.

well, looking forward to lepak with you.. but i've been very busy recently..

dun forget to visit mine, haruka.blogspot.com

-YaT-

April 11, 2005 12:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well.. looky who we have here... hot stuff ah get full page in the papers and all that :) .. good for ya gurl, catch up some day yea. best wishes... love n peace.

April 11, 2005 3:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. u got personal blog or not.. something more fun to read!!! too deep laaa... himbos like me need light fluffy stuff ya know ;)

April 11, 2005 3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen,

Long time no see. This is Surin from Prime College. Thought you were long lost in the Land of the free and brave. I read an article in the The Star about you. Glad to see that things are good with you.

Anyway, I am working in PJ also. Phileo Damansara. Maybe we could catch up sometime. My contact number is 012-292 1164.

Take Care.

Surin

April 11, 2005 3:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmen! This is your cousin, Brandon. My sister apprised me of the article on you in the Star, and I managed to find it online. I hope all is well with you. I've been meaning to call you, but my siblings have been pretty hopeless at getting me your contact information. It appears from your article that you are settled and happy with what you're doing, and I am glad for that. I'll be graduating in 4 weeks..... I can't believe how so many days have slipped by. Do write me soon... my e-mail address is brandon.hoe at duke dot edu. I hope to hear from you soon.

brandon..

April 12, 2005 2:10 PM

 
Blogger andrewkin said...

some one is officially a hotcake!
hahaha good luck carmen and all the best :)

andrew

April 15, 2005 4:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear carmen,
came across a few comments which your friends posted to you.they're cool guys and ppl!:-) one of them mentioned about an article about you written in The Star, but i couldn't find it in the archives. what is the article about?i'm curious.

June 02, 2005 5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home